Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes with Carrots and Onions
This roasted beets and sweet potatoes veggie medley is nourishing, grounding, savory and the epitome of "comfort food"!
- 4 fresh carrots (orange/purple/white) - washed, peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh beets - washed, peeled and chopped - save the greens!
- 2 large white or yellow onions (sub green leeks for low FODMAP) - peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato - washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup oil of choice (extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt of choice (we use Celtic sea salt or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or garlic scape powder for low FODMAP)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 shake black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Peel/wash, and chop/dice all veggies, and add them to fill the 9 x 13 inch pan 3/4 of the way.
Coat the veggies in your oil of choice and stir with a large spoon.
Add salt, pepper and spices - stir again.
Roast for ~35 minutes total. Stir halfway through to help it cook evenly.
Optional: save the beet greens and saute them in some extra virgin olive oil with salt & pepper, for an extra nutritional boost!
Low FODMAP modifications: