At Whole-istic Living, each of our 1-1 nutrition clients begin with an initial holistic health consultation with a holistic, integrative and functional dietitian nutritionist.
(This means we’re board-certified and licensed as nutrition experts, with specialty training in integrative and functional medicine! With this unique expertise, we aim to give you the best of both worlds, integrating cutting-edge clinical and holistic protocols for supporting your optimal well-being.)
The goal of these consultations is to help you crack your code, so you can then start making informed choices (at your own pace), and ultimately start feeling more like the best version of YOU.
Let’s help you to re-align and get your life back!
Who are holistic consultations for?
These holistic health consultations are for YOU, if…
- You’re navigating or suspect a chronic health issue that is impacted by food – such as:
- Constipation and/or diarrhea (loose stools)
- Bloating and gas
- Food allergies, intolerances, and/or sensitivities
- Brain fog
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Congenital / acquired sucrase-isomaltase deficiency
- Diabetes/blood sugar imbalance
- High cholesterol/high blood pressure
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Joint pain
- Hormonal havoc (like polycystic ovarian syndrome / “PCOS”)
- You want to talk to somebody who understands what you’re going through.
- You want a root-cause approach, so you can understand WHY your body having an unhealthy response to food – and what you can do about it!
Benefits of a holistic health consultation
Some common benefits and takeaways of a holistic health consultation can include, but aren’t limited to:
- Deeper CLARITY and understanding around WHY your body is having an unhealthy response to certain foods.
- A path to uncovering which foods can potentially make you feel BETTER (and which foods are triggering your unwanted symptoms).
- Recommendations for clinical tests and/or functional nutrition tests to help you crack your code and get to the bottom of your wonky symptoms.
- Identifying your own herbal allies – aka the best herbal remedies for your unique bio-individuality.
- A custom ROADMAP (overview, or step-by-step plan) to help you heal and re-align naturally, via a holistic and integrative “food as medicine” approach.
The initial holistic health consultation is a type of holistic nutritional assessment which entails a combination information-gathering and critical thinking.
This is because in order to know which foods to eat, which foods to avoid, and which supplements to take, we must first understand what’s out of alignment with your health!
Examples of what we’ll cover in an initial holistic consultation include:
- Health & nutrition goals: What is out of alignment that needs to be addressed?
- Your health history (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual)
- Diet history and food preferences
- Adverse food reactions (confirmed or suspected)
- Digestive patterns
- Hormonal patterns (if applicable)
- Food-symptom logs (if available)
- Lab test results (if available)
- Physical activity patterns and preferences
- Baseline energy level, mood, stress level, and sleep patterns
- Medications and supplements
Towards the end of the session, we’ll aim to rule out any possible underlying root cause imbalances (clinical or functional) that could be contributing to your unwanted symptoms.
We’ll always meet you where you’re at, tailoring the structure of the meeting and recommendations based on your unique goals.
Next, we’ll decide on a follow-up cadence that feels feasible for you. (Note: You may also receive recommendations for specific clinical testing and/or functional nutrition testing as needed, to help us learn more about WHY you’re experiencing the unwanted symptoms.)
Investment: $250 for 90 minutes (or covered up to 60 minutes through Blue Cross if you live in Massachusetts)
Your next steps will often reveal themselves only after you’ve taken aligned action and received direct feedback from your body (or test results).
The purpose of follow-up meetings is to assess what’s working, and to tweak dietary recommendations and supplement protocols as you start to feel better.
You may also need some additional testing down the road.
Follow-up consultations are scheduled on an as-needed basis, but the general recommended cadence is 1 to 2x per month for most people.
(If you’re on a more intensive protocol, you may need extra support!)
Investment: $200 per hour, or bundled into packages at a reduced rate (or usually covered by Blue Cross insurance for residents of Massachusetts)
(You can qualify for follow-up consultations only after completing an initial holistic health consultation.)
- What is Holistic Nutrition and How Can it Help You on Your Journey?
- What is a Holistic Dietitian Nutritionist?
- Holistic Living: What It Means & What It Entails
Existing clients: Book your next 1-1 consultation here!
New clients: The 1-1 practice is currently full. Apply HERE to join the waitlist! (U.S. only)