Jenna Volpe, RDN, LD, CLT
Hey there! I’m Jenna. I help people reverse health issues and improve their quality of life through nutrition, herbal medicine and practical lifestyle changes so they may feel more vibrant and empowered.
I’ve been working in the field of clinical nutrition since 2007 and have been practicing as a registered dietitian, licensed nutritionist, holistic health practitioner and Reiki therapist since 2011.
I entered the world of nutrition when I was sixteen while volunteering at a hospital coffee shop after school: one day an elderly man ordered a cup of green tea and we began chatting. Before I knew it I was being educated on the incredible power of green tea and how it was valued in Japan for preventing lung cancer among many who smoked.
When I got home that day, instead of doing my homework I spent hours reading up on antioxidants, polyphenols and cancer prevention (typical teenage hobby, yes I know). Something clicked and my adolescent mind was blown. Why had I not heard about this sooner, and why was everyone not drinking green tea?!
If only I could thank this man for being the first catalyst in my career path so many years ago.
It was no question I made the right decision when I chose to pursue an education and career in nutrition.
Certain foods I had been taught were “healthy” seemed to make everything worse.
Prilosec, lactaid pills, endoscopies and restrictive diets (out of desperation) were just not cutting it. I felt helpless and pretty frustrated that I wasn’t able to resolve this on my own after so many years of training in the health field. As time passed, more food allergies developed to the point where I became scared to eat anything I didn’t make myself, not knowing how my body would react. It was not fun and not sustainable.
At my wit’s end, in 2014 I started over and began working with a holistic nutrition consultant, who taught me all about leaky gut and how to heal it with nutrition.
Again my mind was blown, and my level of understanding that “food is medicine” was seriously upgraded. I am eternally grateful for this journey as it was another major catalyst in my career path!
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree – Nutritional Sciences (Boston University 2010)
- 1200-hour accredited Dietetic Internship (University of New Hampshire 2011)
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Certified LEAP therapist (CLT)
- Clinical Herbalist
- Certified Dietitian-Nutrition Coach
- Usui Reiki I & II certified
- Intuitive Reiki I & II certified
- Jikiden Reiki Shihan-Kaku (Shoden teacher) – certified by the Jikiden Reiki Instutite
- Modern Mystery School initiate and Life Activation practitioner
- Certified Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Practitioner & Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Practitioner
I believe in real food, natural living, balance, mindfulness and self-care. Our health is a foundation on which we can build. Let’s keep it strong!
I believe we have all the resources we need to heal ourselves if we tap into the powers of Mother Nature and our own inner wisdom. Also – when it comes to healing, slow and steady wins the race!
I believe we are all better off when we focus on what we CAN have, and what new healthier versions of our favorite foods we can try, rather than focusing on what we CAN’T do, or what we SHOULDN’T be eating.
I believe we all deserve and need to love what we eat!
Please reach out if you’d like to learn more about how we can work together. 🙂
Outside my world of all things food/health, a few things that may surprise you about me:
- I can play the piano upside-down and backwards. Ask me about it some time. 🙂
- I jumped out of a plane (8000 feet!).
- I’m an empath! In other words, I’m very sensitive to the emotions and energies of people around me. I used to struggle with it, but now I wouldn’t have it any other way!