Is it just me, or does this stalk of brussel sprouts sort of resemble a Christmas tree? (Or is this me being cheesy and doing a bit of wishful thinking?!). It’s amazing how a stalk of farmer’s market veggies can turn into a batch of incredibly tasty, sweet, savory balasamic roasted brussel sprouts…
During this time of year, I think it’s safe to say most of us can benefit from getting more greens on our plate (to balance out the rest of what’s usually happening).
Brussel sprouts are one of those greens that people seem to either really love, or really can’t stand…
If you love brussels half as much as I do, keep reading!
This recipe is basic and gourmet at the same time. Last night I literally made it start to finish while on the phone with Michael (while he was on his way home from work). #multitasking…
- One thing I like to remind people of is that just because we’re making ONE part of our meal, doesn’t mean the entire thing needs to be homemade from scratch! That’s just overwhelming and unrealistic, especially if we have other parts of our lives to tend to.
- Brussels go great on the side with ready-made proteins like rotisserie chicken or veggie nuggets, and some kind of carb like a pre-cooked sweet potato. (My dinner last night consisted of these brussels, plus some Applegate chicken nuggets, and a side of raspberries & dark chocolate!)
Bottom line: Healthy can be easy, gourmet and delicious if we want. It’s not meant to be complicated (or rabbit food!). And it doesn’t have to be brussels!
There are infinite ways to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle…
Speaking of healthy and balanced – I’m going to keep this post short and sweet because lots of my time recently is going towards perfecting my upcoming Kitchen Alchemy Food Fundamentals e-course (a 5-week in-depth journey through the food groups, to give people a solid nutrition foundation on which they can exponentially improve their health and quality of life) which will be going live in January!
Anyways, I digress. Here is the recipe for the gourmet brussels – I hope you enjoy it!
Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 2 small bags brussel sprouts whole or pre-chopped
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil extra virgin
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt we use Celtic!
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sprinkle black pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice brussel sprouts in halves or quarters (FYI: the smaller they're chopped, the faster they'll cook!)
- Toss all ingredients together in a 9 x 13” pan, and stir well.
- Roast uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking!
We hope that you have a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!