This vegan mousse is one of my FAVORITE go-to recipes when I’m craving something sweet.
It’s SO easy, and it’s a fun, tasty way to increase your iron, magnesium, potassium and vitality from the cacao and avocado. What a simple and delicious combo of nutrient-dense, plant-based foods!
For your convenience, I’ve decided to keep this recipe blog post short and sweet (pun intended).
Table of Contents
The ripened avocados used as a base for this vegan mousse make for a really creamy consistency.
Minerals, minerals, minerals!
The natural sweeteners combined with the raw cacao powder give a powerful burst of rich chocolatey flavor (along with iron, magnesium, and potassium)…
Milk or milk substitute?
Not everyone is vegan, and so the milk or milk substitute is totally your call. After all – one size does not fit all! Vegan or not, if you’re into nut milks, I think you’d love this homemade maple pecan milk recipe… might be worth checking out!
More cacao recipes
(Spring 2020 update: if you are interested in more cacao recipes, you might enjoy these cacao coconut snowballs, or my double chocolate sweet potato brownies…. or perhaps some of this creamy hot chocolate made with cacao powder!)
You can check out the vegan mousse recipe below… let me know what you think!
Vegan Mousse with Cacao and Avocado Recipe
Vegan Mousse with Cacao and Acocado
- Measuring utensils
- Blender or food processor
- Bowls and spoons for enjoying!
- 2 ripe-enough avocadoes peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener of choice i.e. real maple syrup or raw honey or coconut/agave nectar
- 1/3 cup milk sub of choice unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except milk sub in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Add the milk sub last.
- Malk (oat, cashew, almond, pecan)
- Rise oat milk
- Elmhurst "milked nuts" / "milked oats"